Perenelle's spec

Perenelle

After watching other Moonkins come and go in this guild because they got tired of being called crap, I have finally also throw in the towel on the spec until it's fixed. It has become very clear to me that the raid leaders only care about numbers on a dps chart and the Moonkin increased survivability (i.e. still doing damage while the squishy lay dead at our feet), our battle res and the raid wide 5% haste buff do not compensate for the down-grade to our dps. I feel bad that I have taken heroic dps gear, but if I'll be sitting every raid anyways, it doesn't really matter.

I will spend some time in the LFR groups and 5 man instances rounding out my healing gear and getting back into the swing. My new main spec will be Tree if I am needed/ wanted for Raids.

We feel bad guess, I can sympathize because i tried to be boomkin when i first came back and I know how god aweful it is, of course we want you around in raids, it's just for the ultrax fight we needed to maximize dps, in this case it was the class not the player, I sat serveral times on my dk before my gear caught up to everyone else's.

As far as farming more gear, boomkin and resto gear are very similar, especially the off pieces. Just gem straight int and make sure the gear has spirit on it, replace anything with Hit on it and focus on reaching a haste break point (1250, 1700 are easy ones) then stack straight mastery to maximize the healing done by dots. Make sure you keep your harmony proc up 100% of the time.

Jess you're always wanted. We were discussing three different people, yes Snugg named you first but by no means was his the final say. We were in the process of sitting someone else (one of the new guys), not you, when you dropped group and logged off. No you're not top dps, but you never fail at mechanics and we of course love you.

So you and Gump please remember there is more than one officer in the guild, there were obvious objections by myself and others to you being sat over a trial, which is why in the end we decided on a trial not you. So if the topic comes up again please wait! You've sat out more than others only because Gump reminds us often that you have other things you want to do. But obviously if you want in we're keeping you in with whatever spec you prefer.

Love you long time,

Unholy

It's been awhile since I main spec'd healed, but I did it for over four years and used to be the healing officer in our previous guild, so it won't take me long to get back in the swing. I do understand it's the spec and not my playing; I checked out forums to see if I was doing something wrong and figured out they have the same basic complaints. As far as gear, I mostly need tier pieces and a trinket (and rings, but my dps ones need replacing too, anyways). I've re-gemmed, reforged what I have already.

This decision is not about being sat for one raid or one boss. It's been a long time of hearing the "nice" put downs, being called a casual or fill-in when I'm at every raid, and I do see officer chat, just so you know. Plus, you may have noticed any other Moonkin you've tried to recruit has left. They talk to me, being the only other one in their spec and they felt the same way about how our guild treats the spec. The last one didn't really quit over gear, he was sick of being put down, even if Officers think they are doing it "nicely", but it really sounds pretty obvious that we suck and condensending. I tried to tell him it's not meant that way or done on purpose, but it still feels that way. It'll just be easier all around if I go back to heals.