We're going all Ranked - God Help Us

Unholyfaith

Ok, pending any big disagreement from the two council members who haven't responded already, this is what is happening starting tomorrow morning.

Mixed Mode 32 Player (Official) will be going away. It's not expected that we can adequately ever have this server as Ranked and it pop properly. 

Conquest 32 Player (Official) will be moving to Ranked. We actually already did this today, and it's already full.

With 16 slots from Mixed Mode coming to this, it will become Conquest 48 Player Ranked.

TDM 32 Player (Official) will be moving to ranked.

With 16 slots from Mixed Mode coming to this, it will become TDM 48 Player Ranked.

Both those servers will remain Base Maps, and this will mean we will have four ranked 48 player servers. Two Conquest, Two TDM each having a Base Maps and All Maps version. Many of our new members have come in not having premium, and ended up buying premium as a result of meeting us and playing with us. So we think it's important to keep each variety.

So the end result is we're going to have 8 servers instead of 9. We will have the same maximum player count as before though. 384 Max Players. As they are currently all will remain High Tickrate at either 40 or 60 Hz. 6-48 Player servers, 1-32 Player server and 1 64-Player server.

We may increase ticket counts on the new larger servers. TDM in particular I know other servers that go 400 tickets all maps have done well. 

Far too many complaints of hackers/bigots in our official servers, going ranked on the remaining 2 officials means we'll finally have control over every server. Also we have been around 5 months now, we can succeed without the quick play traffic. With the StarWars beta being over, weather getting colder, having one less server to pop, I think we can kick butt. This weekend will be the first test, so I hope to see as many of you on as possible.

Love,

Happy

• Like 1

No bigger than 48 for TDM, because Damn, you know how it turns into a meat grinder. I have a hell of a time in those. That's my personal opinion though and with that said, I assum TDM will def be more popular the higher player count you go. Most players enjoy that hamburger.

All sounds like it'sfor the best. Less complaints, and people should be more satisfied with our servers which will add to our overall image in the community.

Yeah besides our Conquest 64 I don't plan on having any additional 64 player ones unless a demand for it starts.

Primary reason for 48 is it seems to be a happy number between 32 and 64 that gives us more stability. If 16 people drop from a 48 player server when a round ends, that server is far less likely to die because it's still got 32 players in it. And yes of course people like a clusterfuck more often than not lol.

First day all ranked! Can't complain too much. We expected a slow start, and we had one. But the formerly official Conquest server still filled up before noon, stayed full all day and night with a Q, crashed, and refilled in less than 5 minutes. Which is fantastic.

Broke 330 players, filled all but one server. Still some work to be done. Glad to see some people in TeamSpeak tonight, some good conversations. Wish we could get that every night and earlier in the day.

All and all good job people :) Lets make it a great weekend!

Love,

Happy

First day no members available in morning/afternoon to keep pubs engaged to stick around.

Zero servers populated, 2PM.

Need to do whatever we can to recruit people who are available earlier in the day. Every member needs to be doing this, talk to people in servers, get them on TeamSpeak, get them registered on Forums!

• Like 1